Friday, June 02, 2006

Beautiful women....

...share my life, my dreams, my hurts and pains.
And for this I am blessed.
Compassionate and warm women who I am honoured to know.
When you share your troubles.... they are lessened.
Your friendships are true.

This friend of mine did so in tears recently and honoured her right to do so, with dignity and grace. She is beautiful. And again I feel blessed. I think we all felt honoured by her words, her truth. Somedays are hard. But easier with friends.

There to Here
You ask me how we got from there to here,
And you tell me you can't remember,
And so I'll answer it for you,
Though perhaps not the way you want me to.

We got from here to there on the back of a unicorn racing through our dreams,
We got from here to there when night's silence thundered between us,
We got from here to there believing a song to be stronger than the worlds pulling us apart.

And we were right.
We stood in good relation to the earth,
We stood in good relation to the gods,
We stood in good relation to all that was beautiful,
You see, we were Alive

We got from there to here when we believed reality to be stronger than love,
We got from there to here when we forgot to look up and believe that gravity held no hold on our souls,
We got from there to here when we left our storybooks for some other distracting play,

And now I do not know my world,
And I cannot find my God,
And beauty dies,
Shut out in the cold.

And I believe we can get from here to there if we just believe,
And I believe we can get from here to there if you'll take my hand,
And I believe we can get from here to there - if only in our dreams,
And when you're dancing across the sky,

Somewhere between the stars and the moon,
Look for me by your side,
I'll meet you with hands outstretched,
We'll go - from here to there,
there to here, and back again. by Lauriel Mariondatter

An ode to my beautiful friends... women of strength, compassion and warmth.
And dramas in their lives... we are Alive
Peace and Love
Bx

No comments: