Friday, November 10, 2006

AEzine Challenge # 7

Ali's latest newsletter challenge is:

This week the challenge is to embrace that wonderful imperfection inherent in using stamps. Sound like a big challenge? It is. If you are like me, sometimes it has to be laid out right in front of you for it to have any impact.Here's a little more direction: create a layout that uses at least three different stamps - one geometric, one text, and one organic (swirl, artsy, etc.). If you make a mistake, work with it or leave it. Chances are, no one will ever notice except you - everyone else will see it as a totally cool artsy use of stamps. Embrace that!

So here is my layout for the challenge, the journalling is hidden, and taken from here.
The journalling shown is: Magic, Girlfriend, Blessing, Share your heart, cherish, thoughtful, thanks, dream, love, family, confidence, passion and peace.
The quote is:

"That is the happiest conversation where there is not competition, no vanity, but a calm, quiet interchange of sentiments" Samuel Johnson.
I am quite sure this woman MUST have been my sister in a previous life. We are SO VERY alike in many ways and then complete opposites in others.

And, just like a sister does... she knows exactly how to push my buttons, bring out the WORST in me and drive me NUTZ!! *big grin* Sometimes we need that tonic, no?

She also knows how to bring out the VERY BEST in me... and I love her dearly. We have known each other for over 10 years... but this is the year we became best of friends.

Even on the tough days I love you Kyle.... very much!
I could go on and on about our soul connection, I will instead, simply say... it just is.
Peace and Love.. and a GLORIOUS Friday peeps.
Bx


9 comments:

la vie en rose said...

this lay out rocks! the imperfections of stamps lend so much character.

ceanandjen said...

Love the words stamped for this layout. They embody so much. Your work is amazing! (don't I say that everytime I come to see you?) It is true, your creativity is so inspiring. Happy Friday sweet Bek!

Maria said...

I love your use of many stamps! Love this layout!

Liz Ness said...

What a great post about your friendship and the design is AWESOME (love that little camera at top)!

b/sistersshoes said...

Bek ~*~*~*~ That is the best picture...pure love radiating.

And YOU look so so beautiful, my love. I can tell you are having the best time doing this. You need to start teaching your own classes...I would take it :D (in a heartbeat!!!)

tons of love,
Darlene

jen paddack-hyde said...

I love all the stamps you used! Beautiful page!

Sarah said...

I love this, Bek . . . so cool. Great pic, too! BTW, thanks for all your comments on my stuff :-)

chanel said...

this is a great lo ... wasn't it a fun challenge?

Di said...

Beautiful layout Bek - love the photo! Captures the two of you beautifully. Looks like you have way more stamps than I do!