Friday, November 10, 2006

AEzine Challenge # 7

Ali's latest newsletter challenge is:

This week the challenge is to embrace that wonderful imperfection inherent in using stamps. Sound like a big challenge? It is. If you are like me, sometimes it has to be laid out right in front of you for it to have any impact.Here's a little more direction: create a layout that uses at least three different stamps - one geometric, one text, and one organic (swirl, artsy, etc.). If you make a mistake, work with it or leave it. Chances are, no one will ever notice except you - everyone else will see it as a totally cool artsy use of stamps. Embrace that!

So here is my layout for the challenge, the journalling is hidden, and taken from here.
The journalling shown is: Magic, Girlfriend, Blessing, Share your heart, cherish, thoughtful, thanks, dream, love, family, confidence, passion and peace.
The quote is:

"That is the happiest conversation where there is not competition, no vanity, but a calm, quiet interchange of sentiments" Samuel Johnson.
I am quite sure this woman MUST have been my sister in a previous life. We are SO VERY alike in many ways and then complete opposites in others.

And, just like a sister does... she knows exactly how to push my buttons, bring out the WORST in me and drive me NUTZ!! *big grin* Sometimes we need that tonic, no?

She also knows how to bring out the VERY BEST in me... and I love her dearly. We have known each other for over 10 years... but this is the year we became best of friends.

Even on the tough days I love you Kyle.... very much!
I could go on and on about our soul connection, I will instead, simply say... it just is.
Peace and Love.. and a GLORIOUS Friday peeps.
Bx


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the words stamped for this layout. They embody so much. Your work is amazing! (don't I say that everytime I come to see you?) It is true, your creativity is so inspiring. Happy Friday sweet Bek!

Anonymous said...

I love your use of many stamps! Love this layout!

Anonymous said...

What a great post about your friendship and the design is AWESOME (love that little camera at top)!

Darlene said...

Bek ~*~*~*~ That is the best picture...pure love radiating.

And YOU look so so beautiful, my love. I can tell you are having the best time doing this. You need to start teaching your own classes...I would take it :D (in a heartbeat!!!)

tons of love,
Darlene

Anonymous said...

I love all the stamps you used! Beautiful page!

Anonymous said...

I love this, Bek . . . so cool. Great pic, too! BTW, thanks for all your comments on my stuff :-)

chanel said...

this is a great lo ... wasn't it a fun challenge?

Anonymous said...

Beautiful layout Bek - love the photo! Captures the two of you beautifully. Looks like you have way more stamps than I do!