Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Day Three...

The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a person's determination. Tommy Lasorda

And I agree... I am onto Day Three of MyQuit for life campaign. And feeling good. But I am not going to give a blow-by-blow account of quitting this addiction on a daily basis... Lets just say from now on if you read my blog, unless I have stated otherwise, I have kicked the habit for good. I will however provide updates on my "Get Fit" efforts....argh!

On this subject - Monday arvo me and my girl climb Red Hill... it was a beautiful trek. As soon as we passed into the nature reserve I felt peace wash over me. I real sense of letting the days stresses ease away.

So on we trek. Mikaela has her doll (Xavier..."xavi") in her back pack and is feeling fine at the start. Quickly she is tired and insists on me holding her hand... I do a little, but encourage her to: "swing her arms, walk alone, power up ahead, keep her eyes on the path, and to keep putting one foot in front of the other". Tough love. Nah really I am saying these things to myself as much as to encourage her.

As we are nearing the top we take a quick break and have some water. Kaela finds a "comfy" spot atop a rock. I go for a run, while she sits there watching me and clapping. So sweet. My own little cheer squad of one.

As we are coming down, Kaela wants to run... it is quite steep and she falls over twice but doesnt really hurt herself. I ask if she realises why it is called "Red" Hill... she has red dust all over her. She laughes, we laugh, she looks so funny!

We pass a few groups of teenage girls out for a run. I say to her "that will be you... out running with your friends one day" and she responded "no... I will be running with you" {huge proud grin}

Yesterday as we drive home I ask if she would like to climb the mountain again with me. She replies an emphatic "NO"... she will stay home with Nath. But Nath got home around 7pm so I didnt go either.

Maybe tonight.

Bx

No comments: