Wednesday, March 01, 2006

I am a Goddess....

...And I deserve nothing but the very best. (To quote Kyle when she gives herself a compliment...can I say that?) Yeeeaaahhh.....of course.
It took me a long time to recongnise this. I wrote it down and stuck it on the inside of my pantry cupboard. Not for any diet reasons, just because that is one of the places I stuck things. Infact I put affirmations all over the place....in my wardrobe, bedside table, scrap room {naturally}, the trusted fridge and back of the toilet door in my old place....everywhere.

This is one of my favourite pieces and I have written it {with colourful chalks, pastels and pencils} onto one of my scrapbooking cupboard doors:

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us
We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.
Your playing small does not serve the world.
There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.
We are all meant to shine, as children do
We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.
It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.
And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same
As we're liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.
Marianne Williamson from her book, A Return to Love, p. 165
Nelson Mandela’s used this brilliant piece of work in his 1994 inaugural speech

I write A LOT. I keep diaries, lists, affirmations, notes of what I dream of, what inspires me...things I want to achieve.
I have done so for a long time, not just because of scrapping (though it has helped me immensely), but always. And I love looking over these lists and seeing how many things have come into fruition....SO MANY things.
Kim tells me lists are my magic....I believe they are....I believe there is magic in all of us.
To all you Gorgeous Goddess out there....enjoy this beautiful day and enjoy being the spectacular Goddess that you are.
Bx

No comments: